Position Description: Provide individual and small group tutoring (mainly lower level courses) to students participating in Office of Academic Diversity and Inclusion (OADI) study hall sessions and office hours. Provide students seeking assistance help with reviewing class material, discussing the text, predicting test questions, formulating ideas for papers, or working on solutions to problems.
- Assists students in the development of appropriate study skills
- Maintains consistent communication with supervisory staff
- Models appropriate academic attitudes and behaviors to staff, faculty and students
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with college students of diverse backgrounds
- Possess good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Possess characteristics of responsibility, desire to help others, discretion and flexibility
- Knowledge of basic academic skills application and the ability to demonstrate the successful application of various academic skills
- Ability to work independently applying critical thinking skills and problem solving to various situations
- Eligible for Federal Work Study
- Currently enrolled undergraduate with one semester of academic coursework at UNC Charlotte.
- Minimum 2.6 cumulative GPA
- A or B grade performance in the course(s) for which you are applying
ACCT 2121, ACCT 2122, BIOL 1110, BIOL 2120, BIOL 2130, CHEM 1200, CHEM 1204, CHEM, 1251, CHEM 1252, COMM 2100, ECON 2101, ECON 2102, ESCI 1101, GEOL 1200, ITSC 1212, ITSC 1213, KNES 2168, KNES 2169, MATH 1100, MATH 1103, MATH 1120, MATH 1241, MATH 1242, PHYS 1101, PHYS 1102, PYSC 1101, SOCY 1101, SPAN 1101, SPAN 1102, STAT 1220, STAT 1221, STAT 1222, UWRT 1103, UWRT 1104
The ability to tutor multiple subjects is preferred.
Starting Hourly Pay Range: $9.00 - $9.50/hr.