UTOP 2022 Mentor Applications Open Fall 2021
What is a UTOP Mentor?
UTOP mentors are expected to uphold the UTOP culture while remembering to exhibit all of the aspects of a student peer mentor. A mentor takes the initiative in any situation and places value on the integrity of the program. The program demands each mentor to connect with students by helping to find an adequate balance in personal relationships, building social skills, and developing positive academic habits. Consequently, the primary mission of the program is fulfilled in easing the transition of incoming freshmen and maturing them so they are prepared for semesters to follow with campus resources, UTOP staff, and a strong bond from their peers and mentors.
- Submit a resume via Hire-A-Niner (Job ID: 54804)
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better
- Must be in good conduct standing with the university
- Individual and Group Interviews with Staff Committee and UTOP Program Director
- Must be available for spring semester training course on Fridays from 2:30-3:45pm (COMM 3050: UTOP Leadership; 1-credit hour)